We offer an assortment of comprehensive inspection services to meet your needs. From our comprehensive Commercial INFOrm Report to our short-form Commercial INSIGHT report, our services are focused on your needs. Through our risk management partnership, these services are designed to help support your business in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner.
Our comprehensive INFOrm report covers detailed information broken down into four main sections:
- Construction: Details on the size and age of the property, along with wall, floor and roof construction.
- Occupancy: Detailed description of the occupancy of each tenant in the building, arranged to help you clearly define your risks. It also includes special hazards, such as flammable liquids and hot work.
- Protection: This includes public fire protection, private fire protection, and crime information.
- Exposures: This portion of the report covers the distance and types of surrounding exposures. It also includes liability exposures including property, premises, and public liability.
Water damage elements are included throughout the report and indicated by a blue water drop to help you understand the potential for this exposure. The report also identifies and grades all recommendations noted during the inspection, with a first-page overall grading that helps you triage files quickly.
This is our entry level inspection designed for lower risk hazards. Although recommendations for water damage concerns are included in the report, there are no separate questions in the output. There are also no detailed premises liability questions, and construction details are by construction type, not detailed by floor, wall and roof construction. This report is designed for simple risks that would not include any special hazards other than commercial cooking.
Sample Target Occupancies (Low Risk):
- Small Retail
- Professional Services
- Apartments & Condos
This package includes a main report (either INFOrm or Insight) along with a Commercial Cooking supplement and an Expanded Crime supplement. It is sold as a package, at a slight discount to you.
Depending upon the complexity of the risk, either an Insight Hospitality or an INFOrm Hospitality package will be selected.
- Insight Hospitality: This package format is only for unlicensed facilities and licensed facilities with low food-to-alcohol ratios.
- INFOrm Hospitality: INFOrm Hospitality packages are divided into two main occupancies: Restaurants, along with Bars & Night Clubs.
Special Risk Reports
iv3 can help you care for non-standard risks of numerous other occupancy types. These specialized reports either follow a template that has been created specific for that occupancy, a narrative form, or a combination of a standard base report along with a narrative report. The Training & Development team work closely on these new projects to ensure that the needs of the clients are met. Some of the types of Special Risk reports completed recently include:
- Special Events
- Cannabis Grow Operations
- Health and Fitness
- Licensed Medical Marihuana Facility
- Environmental Impairment Liability
- Tattoo Parlour
- Jewellers Block
- Products Liability
- Spa & Wellness
- Sports & Recreation
- Fleet Survey
- Print Shop
Course of Construction
From a small single residential house, to a subdivision, to a large commercial warehouse or manufacturing complex, the Course of Construction reports are designed to care for the higher hazards that are present during construction. These reports are usually narrative based, but include details on the following items:
- General Data and Scope of Project
- Phase of Construction
- Project Status
- Fire Protection
- Natural Hazards
- Loss Prevention Practices
In addition to the base reports, there are a number of supplementary reports that can be added to help cover the specific risks of a location. The following supplements are always filled out when the hazard is present:
- Commercial Cooking
- Woodstove / Solid Fuel Burning Appliance
- Spray Application
- Oil Tank (Heating System)
- Swimming Pool (commercial setting)
- Additional Buildings (significant buildings that are part of the operations or have services)
Additional supplements may include some of the following, which can be added as needed or requested:
- Manufacturing Supplement
- Building Valuation (as part of a primary report)
- Products Liability
- Religious Facilities
- Environmental Liability and Hazards Risk Assessment
- Golf Course Report
- Wildfire Assessment
- Sprinkler Assessment
- Garage/Autobody/Towing/Fuel Sales
- Cannabis Operations
- Spa and Wellness
- Apartment and Condominium Supplement
Appraisal / Valuation Services
Valuations, or Premise of Values, can be confusing for clients. An appraisal is the process of determining the current worth or value of a company or asset. From a property and casualty insurance aspect, it is typically, tangible assets such as buildings, machinery, and equipment. A proper valuation of tangible assets is important to both the insured and the insurer. With a proper valuation, the insurer collects an adequate premium, and the insured has sufficient coverage to replace the asset in the event of a loss.
Our team of seasoned valuation experts can assist you in ensuring that you are able to attain the correct valuation, whether you are looking for Replacement Cost, Actual Cash Value, Functional Replacement Cost, or Reproduction Cost New.